Sunday, February 5, 2012

Home DIY: Lemon House Cleaner

I found a post from a blog called Just Like My Nan Made that showed how to make citrus cleaners. I wanted a kitchen cleaner that was safe to use around food. This is basically vinegar and lemon peels, both are obviously food safe. I used the peels of about 6 lemons and covered them in white vinegar. I did this on the 6th of January 2012, so they've been sitting for about a month.

I took a simple spray bottle I got at CVS for $2 (I think it's 3oz) and filled it half way with the lemon vinegar and the other half with white vinegar (to dilute it).

The smell is strong, but it works well with cleaning up counter tops and the stove. Before in the kitchen I had been mixing vinegar and baking soda to clean, but I like this better. Ah, lemony.

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment