Sunday, February 5, 2012

Recipe: Creamy Kale Drink

I recently watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead as suggested by Brian and I really liked it. I decided to try a drink of my own, though I have no juicer. Basically I used my noggin and figured out that I could strain a blended drink to remove the pulp, saving the juice. Here's what I did:

Creamy Kale Drink
  • Enough Kale to fill the blender
  • 8oz Almond Milk
  • 1 packet of Truvia or other sweetner (optional)
  • Celery (optional, added the second time making it and didn't notice a difference really)
Blend the Kale, Almond milk, and celery. Put the smoothie though some type of strainer and you'll have the almond milk/vegetable juice hybrid. Then add your sweetener (which I suppose you could have before blending). It's smooth, creamy, and surprisingly delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment